Benefits of Hot Water&Lemon
It can be difficult when you’re travelling to eat healthfully, stay properly hydrated, get enough exercise and sleep. Being away from home and routine can really take a toll on the body.
This long weekend we were out of town (for a family wedding) away from home and our usual routine. By the end of our stay I was really feeling the effects from that. One of the ways I like to get myself back on track is to drink hot water with 1/2 a squeezed lemon and a teaspoon of raw honey first thing in the morning.
The Benefits of Warm Water&Lemon:
- It’s immune boosting because lemons are high in Vitamin C
- Because lemons are an alkaline food, they work to balance the PH of your body. An alkaline body is essential to good health
- Assists digestion. The warm water stimulates the GI tract (which keeps things moving!)
- Gentle Detoxifier. Helps to flush wastes and other toxins out of the body
- Starting your day off with a cup of hot water and lemon will hydrate you as opposed to a coffee which will pull water from the body leaving you dehydrated