Quick, Easy and Nutritious Snack Ideas
If you’re anything like me, it can sometimes be difficult to brainstorm new and healthy snacks – especially when life gets busy or groceries are on your to-do list! Here are some of my favorite snack ideas (you can count on these to be healthy and delicious!)
- Hummus with raw vegetables, crackers or toasted pitas. Hummus is one of those items I always have in our fridge because it’s so versatile. I prefer making my own (trust me, it’s so very easy) but when I don’t have the time, I like Summer Fresh or Fontaine Sante brands).
- Smoothies! Healthy snacks can not get any easier:) All you need is about 1 cup of non-dairy milk (my favorite is coconut milk but you can use rice, almond, oat etc), with 1/2 a banana, 1/4 cup of frozen fruit (I love mango or blueberries), a handful of spinach or kale for your greens and a splash of flax seed oil or hemp seed oil for omega 3’s. Smoothies are quite flexible and you have the freedom to play around with different combinations depending on your preference.
- Organic Yogurt with fresh fruit, 1/4 cup of granola and I really like throwing in a handful of nuts and seeds
- I like keeping healthy bars handy in our house for when we’re in a pinch. I fill up glass jars with some of our favorites : Lara, Simply, Cliff, or Luna bars
- Sliced organic apples with nut butter
- Rice cakes with apple butter
- Handful of raw nuts and seeds or an organic trail mix
- AVOCADO!!! I LOVE avocado:) You can use them in so many different ways. Try mashing a ripe avocado, toss in some salt, pepper and squeeze in a little lime juice. You can eat it with raw vegetables, crackers or pitas. Alternatively, 1/2 a ripe avocado with sunflower seeds over top – just spoon out and enjoy.